Call for nominations for the Sustainability Advisory Committee
Australian Grape and Wine is seeking nominations from its members to join the national wine industry Sustainability Advisory Committee (SAC).
The SAC will provide insights and recommendations to Australian Grape & Wine on emerging issues affecting the reputation, resilience and sustainability of Australia’s grape and wine producers. Recommendations will be used to guide advocacy in the political and regulatory environment.
The SAC will also provide advice to AWRI, Wine Australia and Australian Grape & Wine regarding Australia’s united national program, Sustainable Winegrowing Australia.
Responsibilities of the Committee
The SAC will meet a minimum of twice per year. Additional meetings may be convened as required. Meetings will be held as face to face meetings at the Australian Wine Research Institute or by teleconference with a minimum of one face to face meeting held each year.
- Members will be appointed for a 2-year term with an opportunity to extend by mutual agreement;
- SAC members will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation if required;
- SAC recommendations will not supplant the policies of the respective SAC member organisations;
- All advice provided to Australian Grape and Wine and the Sustainable Winegrowing Australia steering committee will be non-binding.
How to Apply
Please send a one page summary outlining your current role, your interest in joining the committee and your skills and experiences in at least two of the following areas:
- environmental assurance schemes;
- winegrape growing;
- the wine supply chain;
- sustainable resource use;
- integrated pest management;
- waste management;
- climate change mitigation and adaption;
- environmental regulation and policy.
Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th June 2019.
Australian Grape & Wine membership Committee selection reflects its commitment to, and compliance with, the principles outlined in its Diversity and Equality in Wine Charter.