Wine Industry Market Access Group
The Wine Industry Market Access Group was established in 2010 to ensure a consistent industry and government approach to international trade issues and reports and makes recommendations to the Australian Grape & Wine Board.
- Tony Battaglene (Australian Grape & Wine) - Co Chair
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Wine Australia
- Pernod Ricard Winemakers
- Treasury Wine Estates
To be the key forum for the discussion and development of international market access policies and strategies for the benefit of the Australian wine industry. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring two-way engagement and understanding between government and the Australian wine industry on trade and market access issues
- Monitoring implementation, reviewing and, as required, amending the Australian wine sector's international wine trade strategy/policy
- Identifying threats to, and opportunities for, Australia's international trade in wine and providing advice on the appropriate strategic responses
- Providing a forum for discussion and the development of strategies on matters of concern to the Australian wine sector relative to the EU- Australia Joint Committee, Office International de la Vigne et du Vin (OIV), World Wine Trade Group, Codex Alimentarius and other international fora
- Providing advice to the Australian Grape & Wine Board, as required, on matters relative to the international regulatory environment for the trade in wine
- Ensuring alignment between market development priorities, research and market access initiatives as appropriate.